Hold an Event
Highlight your organisation's commitment to learning and inspire adults to discover the fun and diverse ways that they can learn - hold an event, open day or taster session during Adult Learners' Week 2013 (18 - 24 May).
Why run an event?
There are many benefits of holding an event during Adult Learners' Week; it's a great way to:
- Demonstrate the learning opportunities that you provide;
- Reach out to adults who wouldn't normally hear about your organisation's activities;
- Publicise your organisation and attract media attention;
- Share your passion and interest in learning with others;
- Celebrate the benefits of all kinds of learning.
How we can help your events:
Each year we put together information and resources that will help your events, these include:
- themes to inspire your event ideas;
- a range of Adult Learners' Week resources (available from Autumn 2012) to support activity and engagement; and
- a free Online Events Diary, used by the 0800 100 900 number during the Week, increasing your publicity to a national level.
Follow NIACE on Twitter and join us in tweeting about your Adult Learners’ Week activities using #ALW13.
Adult Learners’ Week 2013 will take place from 18 - 24 May 2013. Register here for more information.
Adult Learners’ Week partners - the National Careers Service
The National Careers Service provides free and impartial careers advice for adults and young people (aged 13 and over).
The new service allows the public across England to access information, advice and guidance on all aspects of careers, skills and training. It can be accessed online, over the phone or face-to-face (for adults) in the community. This gives those seeking advice about jobs or looking to access training, the resources to do so.
To access the service and find out more visit nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk or call 0800 100 900.